The Miss Universe Organization will award the new Miss Teen USA a $10,000 scholarship to be applied to continuing education tuition or other education expenses (books, etc.) at an institution of her choice.
A $5,000 cash prize will also be awarded upon the completion of her reign.
We are now selecting contestants to participate in this year’s MISS USA and MISS TEEN USA State Pageants, the official state preliminaries to the prestigious MISS USA and MISS TEEN USA National Pageants!
You could be among these contestants! If you are single (never married/never given birth to a child), a United States citizen, a resident of the state in which you would like to compete, and between the ages of 14 and 27, we invite you to APPLY TODAY! Our program is designed to be an excellent vehicle for advancing your career and personal goals. As a contestant, you will be scored in three equal categories consisting of Personal Interview, Swimwear, and Evening Gown; and you will participate in two exciting stage shows. Performing talent is NOT a requirement. Our judges will include experienced professionals from the modeling and entertainment industries!
To become a contestant in this year’s event, you need to follow these directions carefully: Complete the application form on this page. Select a recent photo (This does not have to be a professional photo – a simple photo showing your head and shoulders will do). Click on the “Choose File” button and select your photo. Once completed, simply click the “Submit Application” button to submit your application.
- MISS USA Contestants: Must be at least 18 years of age and under 27 years of age before Jan. 1, 2017. (You must be born during the years 1990 to 1998, to be eligible for the next state pageant)
- MISS TEEN USA Contestants: Must be at least 14 years of age and under 19 years of age before Jan. 1, 2017. (You must be born during the years 1998 to 2002, to be eligible for the next state pageant)
- Must be a citizen of the United States and will remain a citizen of the United States through the State Pageant and, if you win the State Pageant, through the National Pageant.
- Must represent and warrant that you are a female (recognized medically and legally as a female in the United States).
- Must never have been married or had a marriage annulled.
- Must never have given birth to a child, cannot be a parent or guardian of any other adult or minor person, and cannot currently be pregnant.
- Must live in your state permanently and will have lived there for at least six months prior to the date of the pageant – OR – Must be a full time student in your state and will have completed one entire semester or session by December 31st.
- May only compete in one State Pageant (including the District of Columbia) per pageant year.
- Must comply with all eligibility requirements outlined in the official contestant entry form.
Throughout our pageant system, from the local level to the international level, delegates are judged in three areas:
- Interview Competition (1/3)
Pageant judges spend time with each contestant to learn about her successes, talents, goals and ambitions. Attention is focused on her poise, charm, self-confidence and her ability to communicate, as well as the substance of her answers.
- Swimsuit Competition (1/3)
Attention is focused on beauty of face, figure, physical fitness, and the confidence with which each contestant carries herself. Numerical measurements are not considered in the judging.
- Evening Gown Competition (1/3)
Each contestant wears a gown she has chosen for herself. Attention is focused on each contestant’s overall appearance, self-confidence, sense of style and the beauty she brings to the gown of her choice.
* There is no talent competition and no experience is necessary